Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Maintenance Tech III, General - Maintenance Services|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This person performs maintenance and repairs in general Building Maintenance areas including Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, Air Conditioning, Painting, and Plastering with Journeyman level skills in one of these areas; or Proficient in Carpentry, Electrical, Painting, and Plumbing; under moderate direction and guidance.
* Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or, equivalent combination of education and experience, or equivalent in demonstrated abilities.
* Two to six years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, or equivalent in demonstrated abilities.
* Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license. A copy of DMV driving record is required.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Leads, assists, and independently completes installation, repairs, and maintenance of building equipment and systems as appropriate.
* Installs, repairs, and maintains building equipment and systems as appropriate.
* Troubleshoots, and oversees operation of building equipment and systems.
* May be asked to operate University vehicles including vans, “putts”, forklifts and “man-lift” devices.
* Maintains safe and clean work conditions in the areas assigned.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs a variety of duties in the maintenance of the university as requested by supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.