Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
IT Support Administrator - IMT|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Support Administrator position for Information and Media Technology is responsible for administrative functions of the university's Enterprise Directory, Google Apps, Telephony and PeopleSoft security needs, including troubleshooting security access, Google Apps, equipment failures, account provisioning, and answering student, faculty, and staff questions. You will be responsible for analyzing, developing and maintaining system account services for Azusa Pacific University and will provide technical support for our employees and students at all campuses. In this role, you’ll be assisting our Support Desk, Engineering and other internal teams with a wide range of account management, software issues specific to account provisioning, or telephony. If you enjoy technology, creative problem solving, and working with diverse and intelligent people, this position is a great venue to learn and make a difference.
You will be a part of the IMT Engineering team, an agile development and operations unit responsible for the life-cycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University. Increasingly, you will be part of cross-functional teams bringing automation to systems supporting operations.
* Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, related degree, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
* Google Admin Certification
* Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in IT support and Domain administration
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in system administration, coordination
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
* Minimum of 1 year Google Apps experience
* Account provisioning, termination and maintenance for APU constituents across an array of systems in adherence to APU account and Human Resource policies and standard operating procedures.
* Provide Tier 1 level support for incident resolution, service requests, problem management working with other IMT teams who provides first level operations support facilitation.
* Provide 2nd level support for incident resolution, service requests, problem management working with the internal Account Services team who provides first level operations support facilitation.
* Contribute to and provide guidance and technical expertise for activities such as:
- Functional use of account creation tools and secure IDM solutions.
- Address challenges associated with access control solutions such as role-based access control.
- Work with university data owners to establish, maintain, and optimize individual and role-based access control across the organization.
- Participate in regular security or compliance audits related to system access.
- Assist in the development of and implement methods for management, monitoring and tracking of access to information resources.
* Work with management to draft, clarify and recommend changes to policies which impact on Account and Telephony management adhering to all applicable university policies and processes.
* Keeps abreast of IT advancements, consumer technology, IT architecture, service opportunities, and the existing software and hardware configurations at APU.
* Maintain enterprise and systems directories (OpenLDAP, Active Directory) for both client/server systems management and authentication, authorization, group, and attribute services.
* Contribute to the design, documentation, and implementation of solutions for continual improvement of account provisioning processes and procedures.
* Respond quickly to service disruptions, updating according to protocol, and documenting the event, participating in positive post-mortems, and determining root cause, and resultant service improvements.
* Collaborate with Engineers on exception process, automation enhancements, continuous quality improvements, and as required.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description