Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Gospel and Music Coordinator - Chapel Programs|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Music and Gospel Coordinator will work alongside the Worship Coordinator to oversee all aspects of chapel bands at APU. This position will also assist with accountability and attendance administration.
* Bachelor of Arts, preferably in music or related field.
* Experience leading worship in a chapel setting, auditioning musicians, working with musicians in a worship setting, leading and arranging gospel style worship, and creative planning.
* Development of student leaders for three of APUís seven chapel bands
* Lead Gospel Chapel band which leads six times per semester.
* Coordinate chapel band rehearsals for three of APUís seven chapel bands, in collaboration with the Worship Coordinator.
* Lead worship on occasion and for special chapels, including song selection, arranging parts, and collaborating with others in the planning process.
* Collaborates with the Director and Associate Director on creative planning for chapels.
* Co-coordinate auditions for all chapel band leaders with Worship coordinator, including preliminary auditions, callbacks, interviews, selection, placement and assimilation.
* Co-coordinate fall chapel band off site training for all chapel band leaders, instrumentalists, and vocalists.
* Responds to inquiries in the email account and data entry for excusal lists.
* Provides Planning Center agendas for the weekly Chapel/Media Services meeting and weekly Chapel office meeting.
* Attends weekly office meetings and creative planning meetings
* Oversees employment paperwork and time cards for all paid student musicians and front desk student workers.
* Responsible for the upkeep of the UTCC Green Room.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Chapel Programs.
* In conjunction with the Worship Coordinator, lead worship and arrange music for the winter and spring baccalaureate services.
* Coordinate auditions for all vocalists, including preliminary auditions, call backs, interviews, selection, placement and assimilation.
* Assistance with attendance and accountability team, including data entry of excusals, processing of petitions, and answering questions of students regarding their chapel attendance.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.