Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Business Analyst, Compliance Reporting - Undergrad Registrar|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Azusa Pacific University is looking for a talented individual to report institutional data to outside agencies for compliance purposes. The position's primary focus is to serve as the main point of contact with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), especially by sending and maintaining enrollment reports in compliance with regulations from the U.S. Department of Education and the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
The ideal candidate has a strong ability to understand, retain, and communicate highly complex regulations and business logic to many stakeholders at different levels of our organization. This person also has demonstrated experience in project management. When changes are required for university compliance, this position initiates and coordinates the necessary changes to business processes, report modifications, staff training, and related documentation. This position also advocates to the appropriate officials when change to university policy and structure may be necessary for compliance. The position must stay well-informed on the latest reporting requirements and provides early feedback to department management regarding potential projects for compliance reporting, including representatives at University College (UC). This person supports other compliance-related processes and recommends staffing and service needs in support of the institution's ongoing commitm ent to compliance.
* Bachelor's degree is required.
* 5+ years of experience configuring and managing a Student Records system, with PeopleSoft preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in project management.
* Experience providing technical support and clear communication to all levels of organizational staff and leadership.
* Strong customer service experience with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
* 2-4 years of experience working with financial aid regulations.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions (NSC Reporting)
* Serves as the university's product owner for National Student Clearinghouse Enrollment reporting and its subsequent reporting to NSLDS.
* Runs, validates, and submits NSC Enrollment Report and DegreeVerify on APU's required schedule.
* Resolves submission errors and makes student updates to NSC and NSLDS websites as needed
* Stays up-to-date on pertinent regulations and report specifications via conference attendance, webinars, newsletters, training guides, etc.
* Maintains a repository of business logic and rationale behind those decisions
* Consults with Compliance team and other stakeholders to optimize related business processes
* Assembles and serves on project teams to make needed adjustments to existing reporting processes
* Conducts regular meetings to share relevant knowledge with appropriate teams, including University College staff.
Additional Duties & Functions
* Assists Registrar and FA Compliance team with other relevant processes and reporting as needed.
* Attends conferences such as FSA, WAVES, HEUG, and AACRAO to stay up to date on enrollment reporting requirements.
* Recommends ongoing staffing and service needs for the Student Financials, Financial Aid, and Registrar areas in support of compliance reporting needs.
* Supports other compliance reports including 85-15 and Gainful Employment
* Provides updates to Military portals including AI, GoArmyEd, DoD MOU, etc.
* Maintains positive, productive relationships with other teams and peers.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.