Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Data Processor - Graduate Student Financial Services|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position performs daily processing tasks related to loan origination and student account management. This role works closely with the Financial Aid and Student Financial data analysts for both the Undergraduate, Graduate and Professional careers.
* Bachelorís degree.
* 0-2 years of experience working with higher education student information systems and/or other related technologies
* General knowledge of computer systems and troubleshooting
* Experience in data entry and reporting
* Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred, but not required
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Manages daily processes related to loan origination, disbursement, and refunding
* Works closely with Financial Aid and Loan Officers to troubleshoot awarding or disbursement errors
* Creates and updates business process guides that outline how to perform system processes
* Responsible for quarterly testing of bundle upgrades for financial aid and student financial modules
* Works with data analysts to identify process improvements that will increase effectiveness
* Attends and travels to industry related workshops, conferences and professional development activities
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
* Able to pay close attention to detail
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
* Ability to learn new technical skills quickly
* Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks and projects at once in a deadline oriented environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students
* Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard
* Requires computer usage for extend periods of time
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone
* Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations
* Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs
* Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a workday
* Computer monitor and reading
* Reading/viewing instructions, documentation, and printed application materials in both physical and digital formats
* Busy, time sensitive turn around, high energy office.
* The following technologies are used on a daily basis by this position.
Familiarity with or the ability to adapt quickly to these types of technologies is required:
* Productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps.
* Emails tools such as Microsoft Outlook and/or Gmail.
* Oracle/PeopleSoft for Higher Education (Campus Solutions)
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description