Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
Financial Aid Officer- Graduate Student Financial Services|
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Responsible for awarding Federal, State, and Institutional aid accurately through analysis of financial aid data and student documents while remaining in compliance with complex and changing regulations.
* BA degree in related field (or equivalent combination of experience and education).
* 1-3 years experience in higher education administration or related field with transferrable skills. Experience in student financial aid preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Responsible for analyzing student financial aid data in order to accurately award Federal, State, Institutional, and other forms of student aid.
* Review, interpret and apply complex federal regulations and remain in compliance with Title IV Federal aid by attending conferences, workshops, webinars and other available forms of training as applicable.
* Communicate with other SFS staff and internal constituents in regards to studentsí financial aid award packages and special individual student circumstances.
* Monitor and review studentís academic progress to ensure ongoing eligibility for financial aid
* Review and analyze various reports to ensure accuracy, discern errors, and maintain high level of student service through the financial aid process.
* Update and help maintain policy and procedure manual.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Perform other duties related to the position as requested by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements
Please see job description